Jul 24, 2013

S. Maria degli Angeli

Church of Saint Mary of the Angels and of the Martyrs is a basilica that occupies what was once the central hall of Diocletian's baths complex. It was originally designed by Michelangelo but only the great vaulted ceiling remains from his plans. The entrance into the basilica was to open in the direction of the present day Piazza dei Cinquecento where the National Roman Museum is presently located, but in the 1700's, Luigi Vanvitelli altered the original project. Behind the neighbouring Piazza dei Cinquecento is the modern facade of the main railway station, Stazione Termini, which was finished in 1950












2 comments:

  1. Maravilhoso esse blog, é um êxtase de sentimentos que tocam profundamente minha persepção

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muito obrigado Maribel por suas amaveis palavras

    ReplyDelete