Jul 25, 2013

S. Maria di Regina Pacis

Symbol of Neoclassic architecture to Ostia Lido (sea town far 27 km from Rome), Church Saint Mary of Regina Pacis was inaugurated on 14th December 1926 after seven years of works in a plot of land of the highest dune of the littoral (about 20 meters above sea level) donated to the Augustinian Fathers to have a church to built here. Designed by the architect Giulio Magni, he built the church drawing his inspiration from classic style and combining at the same time, new materials such as reinforced concrete with travertine and brick

Simbolo dell'architettura neoclassica nel territorio di Ostia Lido la chiesa Santa Maria Regina Pacis fu inaugurata il 14 Novembre 1926 dopo sette anni di lavori per la sua edificazione in un terreno situato sulla duna più alta del litorale (circa 20 metri sul livello del mare) donato dal Comune di Roma ai Padri Agostiniani di S. Maria del Popolo. Progettata dall'architetto Giulio Magni la chiesa segue uno stile neoclassico ispirandosi alle linee del passato e utilizzando allo stesso tempo nuovi materiali come il cemento armato insieme ai tradizionali travertino e laterizio











No comments:

Post a Comment