Aug 31, 2015

Church St. Alphonsus

The Church of Saint Alphonsus, situated on the Esquiline hill, between the two basilicas of St. Mary Major and St. John, is one of the rare examples on neo-gothic architecture in Rome. It is dedicated to the most Redeemer and erected in 1855-1859, in honour of Saint Alphonsus Liguoir, the founder of the Redemptorist Congretation. This church is an important centre of Christian spirituality and contains the original Picture of Perpetual Help of the 14th century. Pictures taken Sunday afternoon 30 August 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment