Sep 13, 2016

Chiesa Sant'Alfonso Liguori

Night scenery of the Church of St. Alphonsus Liguori (Chiesa di Sant'Alfonso di Liguori all'Esquilino) is a church located on the Via Merulana, on the Esquiline Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome. One of the rare examples of neo-Gothic architecture in Rome, it was built between 1855 and 1859 is one of the last papal churches of the city. Designed by the Scottish architect George Wigley, is dedicated to St Alphonsus Liguori (1696-1787) the founder of the Most Holy Redeemer, who founded and staff the church, and is one of thirty-three Doctors of the Church



No comments:

Post a Comment