Nov 17, 2016

Quattro Fontane

Two of the Four Fountains (Quattro Fontane), splendid composition of four fountains located in the crossing point between this street and Via XX Settembre. The fountains are placed in the corners of the four buildings that stand at the crossing between Via delle Quattro Fontane and Via XX Settembre, each within a niche. They were built between 1588 and 1590 under pope Sixtus the Fifth Peretti (1585-1590) to decorate the quadrivium formed by Strada Pia (today Via XX Settembre) and Strada Felice (today Via delle Quattro Fontane)


No comments:

Post a Comment