Feb 21, 2017

Chiesa S. Maria in Trivio


 🇺🇸  CHURCH ST MARY IN TRIVIO
Just only a few meters from Trevi Fountain there is this little treasure of church not well known. It is the church of Santa Maria in Trivio, founded in 537 by Flavius Belisarius (505 - 565), general of the emperor Justinian. Between 1573 and 1575 the architect Giacomo del Duca (1520 - 1604) rebuilt the church, designing the innovative pediment above the entrance door. Inside there are interesting painted altarpieces, chapels and decorations. In an arch (on the left) there is the chaperl dedicated to dedicated to St. Gasper del Bufalo (1786 - 1837), whose remains are inclosed in an urn within a gilded bronze statue under the altar. This church is behind to the Trevi Fountain. When in Rome, don't miss to take a look in this interesting and ancient little church

🇮🇹  CHIESA S. MARIA IN TRIVIO
Una piccola chiesa nascosta, a pochi metri dalla Fontana di Trevi, forse non molto conosciuta ma antichissima e bellissima che merita assolutamente una visita. Le sue origini risalgono al VI secolo a opera del generale Belisario, esiliato a Roma dall'imperatore Giustiniano. Nella chiesa vi sono le spoglie di San Gaspare del Bufalo (1786 - 1837). All'interno, oltre alla bellezza, ciò che colpisce di più è quel meraviglioso silenzio nonostante accanto alla sempre affollatissima Fontana di Trevi. Se vi capita di essere da quelle parti, andate a visitarla



No comments:

Post a Comment